The Sexual Assault Center provides 24/7 crisis response to survivors of sexual assault and their family and friends. We rely on volunteer advocates to:
- Assist in maintaining 24-hour coverage of the Sexual Assault Center hotline outside of regular business hours.
- Respond to victims in-person outside of regular business hours.
- Provide information, referrals, and emotional support to victims and their friends/families while at the hospital, police department and Crisis Center.
Volunteers learn about the dynamics of abuse, the impact of trauma and the community’s response to sexual assault. Our volunteers help victims feel supported and believed during what is often a confusing and traumatic time in the person’s life.
Volunteers set their own schedule and are only required to cover three shifts each month.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No experience is necessary. Training is provided. Training consists of self-paced modules and in-person sessions at the police department, hospital, and Willow Tree Cornerstone Child Advocacy Center.
For more information, contact Samantha Bouressa at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 436-4360 ext. 1287.