Phone: (920) 438-7146
Fax: (920) 438-7148
1501 N Irwin St.
Green Bay, WI 54302
- About Us
- Our Staff
Our Place is a Class AA, Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) located in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Our warm and friendly facility serves up to 18 adults with mental or emotional disorders who are not able to live on their own. The services offered at Our Place are designed to encourage independent living skills while reducing or stabilizing psychiatric symptoms.
Our Place staff work with each resident to help them meet their goals and to improve their quality of life.
Residents of Our Place enjoy the following services:
- Ongoing case management services provided on-site by trained social workers.
- Information about community resources, services, and programs.
- Scheduled weekly leisure activities.
- Encouragement of family visits and assistance with arranging visits as needed.
- Transportation arrangements for residents to doctors visits, work, training programs, religious services, and community activities as needed.
- Monitoring and administration of all medication.
- Instruction, as needed, in areas related to self-care (eating, personal hygiene, dressing, etc.).
- Instruction on independent living skills including money management, food preparation, laundry, and more.
Our Place serves mentally or emotionally challenged adults over the age of 18. Residents must be fully ambulatory, and physically and mentally capable of responding to protect themselves in an emergency situation, without assistance or prompting from others. Our Place residents are usually referred by a county case manager and are mostly court ordered for protective placement.
For more information about Our Place or to make a referral, please call the number above or send us an email.
Our Place staff is comprised of certified nursing assistants, mental health technicians, social workers, and activities personnel. Staff have an average of 7 years experience within the Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) setting and working with mental health issues.
“I want to thank staff for always being there for me when I feel alone.
You give me a lot of support.”
— Our Place Resident
How does someone get referred to become a resident at Our Place?
A potential resident is usually referred by a specific county case manager. They are assessed by the Social workers from Our Place to ensure they will benefit from our program and then placed if there is a bed open. Or, they may be placed on a waiting list if it is appropriate for them to wait.
What kinds of services do the staff provided?
Our Place staff work with each resident to meet their individual plan goals. This includes assisting them with their personal care and help improving their public transportation skills, work and education skills, community integration, socialization, and money management. Staff also provide residents with information on additional community resources, services, and programs that may be available to them.